Monday, October 11, 2010

Hoop House



My hoop house is finally close to completion. I look forward to using it during the colder months of the year. I have already planted lettuce, spinach, onion starts and turnips in it, and I have a few tomato plants inside it.  And even though I didn’t get the supports in on time, and they are sprawling all over the floor, they are still producing tomatoes! At the present time I am studying the temperature variations on the inside so I will hopefully know what to expect while growing in the future.  This should be good for plenty of upcoming topics in the coming months. A special thanks to Mr. Robert Bird of Salina, Utah for his great design and advice on this project. But of course, if this thing doesn’t work out, he will get all the blame too!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment