Monday, March 28, 2011

Pepper Disaster!!



The peppers that I planted on March 16th were doing just great when I took this photo of them under my grow lights along with my onions this evening. Then I went to move the pepper container in the middle of the photo, the container to the right fell off the box and tumbled behind the washer below! Now there is a big, defeated pile of baby peppers and seeding mix behind my washer that I now have to figure out how to clean up! Needless to say, I was not happy, and everybody in the house, including my dog and cats, knew it! In the end however, when the anger and cussing are over, I have no other choice but to plant them again! Luckily it is still early enough in the season to do that without much problem. One thing about peppers that I learned a long time ago is that they do not respond as well to cursing as cilantro and onions do! Tomatoes are kinda hard to tell.

Here is a photo of my surviving peppers, some Super Heavyweight Hybrids from Mountain States Seeds, which is a Bell Pepper type. My plan is after I get a few true leaves on these, I with transplant them into their own individual containers. Hopefully I won't drop the &@#! container before then!

1 comment:

  1. That's what all that cussing was about? I was getting worried about the boys for a second. LOL. Your garden always turns out wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete