Sunday, February 27, 2011

Growing Under the Lights

My seedlings under the grow lights are progressing well. My onions and lettuce are making very good progress.


My grow light set-up is not fancy. It's just a rack and a shop light with a couple of 40 watt fluorescent tubes, mounted in my laundry room over a clothes drying rack. I find this a great setup to grow young seedlings, they germinate quite well in the relatively warm room.

Having this setup over the clothes drying rack does have it's perils though. I have learned to be very careful about watering my plants when my long suffering wife has fresh laundry hanging up below. Any water dribbling on to her fresh clean clothes are met with plant wilting protests that neither of us can recover from quickly!




I need to try to get this lettuce transplanted into the Hoop House before the end of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment